Sunday, October 5, 2008

A wonderful weekend

I still don't have any photos of my Victorian Charm because I haven't changed positions yet on my q-snaps. I really hope one day to have a digital camera so I can take photos without having to put stuff in the scanner. I have been making good progress though.

Yesterday I had a really wonderful day. I went to Kansas City with a couple of friends, to Nelson Art Gallery and we spent most of the day there. We also had a picnic on the grounds, which was nice. The weather was absolutely beautiful for it. It had been a good ten years since the last time I was there, so I was really glad to be able to go. I have several "favorite things" that I like to visit when I am there, and I got to see all of them yesterday. On the way home, we stopped at Hobby Lobby in Lee's Summit, and I was able to get a few things. I added to my stash a little bit. I got four skeins of DMC Color Variations thread, and a skein of DMC Fuschia colored satin thread. Also a HUGE piece of 14-count black Aida fabric. I got a new pair of embroidery scissors as well. They were made in the Victorian style, and I love them. I want to make a scissor pocket for them at some point. After we got back to Warrensburg, we went to Dairy Queen for a perfect ending to a perfect day out. Then I got home and stitched the rest of the evening. I love weekends like that, they are so relaxing, although I admit that I was pretty worn out from all the walking we did at the art gallery. That place is huge, and we went on several floors of it.

Today I am going to relax and do some more stitching on Victorian Charm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a memorable time. I'm glad you got some great items to add to your stash.