Friday, November 28, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Lynda D. Baldauf
of Scandinavian Stitches
I finished this one a couple of days ago. I also did another one just like it in green. I am getting closer and closer to getting my ornaments done, although I still have several to go. Then I will spend a day putting them all together.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
1. Like Angela, I am a night owl also. (even on work nights). I very seldom get to bed before at least 11 on weeknights, and it's anybody's guess on weekends. I am definitely not a morning person either.
2. Most of those nights that I am up late-I'm stitching and/or watching movies. I have a certain few that I tend to watch the most-such as all the Harry Potter movies, and any of the Jane Austen stuff-Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Becoming Jane. I recently acquired "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci, and I have watched it quite a bit as well.
3. I love to read too and when I was younger you very seldom saw me anywhere without a book in my hand. I haven't read very much lately because I have mostly been stitching in my free time.
4. I love music, all different kinds of music, especially Rock and Celtic. I have a guitar but I haven't played it much lately. A long while of a lately.
5. I love making Christmas ornaments, which is why this is my favorite time of year for stitching. I also like to make them out of felt, with beads and buttons and sequins and bits of fabric. This is on top of the fact that I love to stitch all year long to begin with.
6. Last but not least, I love, love, love spending time with my Grand-darlings. I have 4-3 boys and 1 girl, ranging in age from 1 to 7. Did I mention that they are my darlings?
I am going to tag the following people:
Rules are...Link back to the person that tagged you. Post the rules on your Blog. Share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag 6 people or as many as you would like too at the end of your post by linking to their Blog. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog.
Feel free to participate...if not that's ok too, it's all just for fun!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
I just finished "Glory to God in the Highest" by Little House Needleworks. It was from the JCS 2008 ornament issue. I also just finished posting this over at Let's Stitch Too, which I just joined a day or so ago. Yesterday, actually. This was the project I was working on that I wanted to get finished. Now I can get started on another one, as I have several left to do.
Just wanted to edit this post to say that Robin is the third participant. Now, I will get started stitching something for each of you, to be received within the next 365 days. (I don't think it will be quite that long actually). Angela, I have your snail mail address already. Susan and Robin, if you will email me with yours then I will send yours when I get them stitched as well. Thanks everyone!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Here is the link to her site:
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Here is another one I just finished stitching from the 2008 JCS Christmas issue. It is called "Let It Snow", and was designed by Nikki Leeman at Country Cottage Needleworks. Also done on mystery linen, with DMC threads. I used Kreinik blending filament for the silver stars because I didn't have what they called for, but it worked out very well. It was another fun stitch, for sure, I loved it! Now I am getting ready to choose yet another one.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
I just finished my first ornament from the 2008 JCS Christmas issue. It is "A Christmas Song" by Lynda Watkins, from Full Circle Designs. I stitched it on a mystery linen, using DMC threads. I didn't have all the colors I needed so I switched some out, but I still like how it turned out. I have several more to make, as I am making a set of three for the bank for a Christmas giveaway, and I am making some for my co-workers. I am also taking part in an ornament exchange over at 123Stitch, so I am going to be making one for that as well. I love making ornaments, so I am having a lot of fun with this.